DELETED - Storage Management Associates Storage Offerings
The following steps can be taken to protect your boat while in storage. Additionally, specific procedures recommended by the boat manufacturer should be closely considered.
- Prepare your engine in accordance with the owner's manual. In winter, this will normally include draining and flushing the cooling system; draining and refilling the crankcase; applying oil to inside of each cylinder through the spark plug holes; and other preservative actions.
- Thoroughly clean the hull, decks, cockpit, bilge, all compartments, lockers and the exterior of engine, and coat with an appropriate wax or preservative.
- Drain fuel lines, pumps, carburetor and tanks or fill completely, and add fuel stabilizer.
- Leave all floorboards up, doors ajar, ports and skylights open, hatches partly open, drawers and lockers open.
- Carefully fit a well-made cover, provided with ventilation ports. If boat is to be stored outdoors, make sure there are no low spots in the cover that will hold rainwater.
- Place a cover over engine. Do not leave the engine exposed to the sun or rain.
- Don't forget the trailer. Check tire pressure, and cover tires, if they will be exposed to the sun. Check and pack wheel hubs, if necessary, and lubricate jack.
- Finally, note dates of registration, tags, certificates and insurance, etc., and plan for renewal, if they expire during your storage term.
At DELETED - Storage Management Associates we understand that military members and their families have very specific storage needs, and in order to accommodate our service men and women, we offer a wide range of storage options, flexible leasing terms, and superior customer support.
- Modern storage spaces with state-of-the-art security systems
- Convenient services such as online bill pay, free truck rentals, and climate controlled storage units
- Ask our professional management team about a storage military discount
Each of our locations can accommodate a variety of items including hard-to-store possessions such as boats, cars, and important documents. A variety of storage unit sizes are available so that customers do not overpay for their storage space. Our professional staff can assist you in selecting the storage unit with the features that best fit your needs. Each of our stores has move in materials on hand, so that all the necessary moving supplies are at your fingertips (boxes, tap, bubble wrap, locks, etc.).
Once our customers are moved in, modern conveniences such as online bill pay and automatic payments make paying for your storage unit easy to do, regardless of your location. Do not forget to contact your military financial center to learn which travel and transportation stipends or reimbursement programs you quality for. As always, our knowledgeable team will be happy to help with any questions you may have.
Please contact our offices to learn more about potential military discounts, our flexible leasing agreements, and any other promotions or prepayment discounts we have available.